Local community groups have received a funding boost through round 108 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund Grant and the first round of the Investing in Queensland Women Grant.
Over $200,000 in grants will be paid to local groups in the Maroochydore electorate, including:
- Mooloolaba Outrigger Canoe Club will receive $28,710 to purchase an outrigger canoe;
- Mooloolaba State School Parents and Citizens Assoc will receive $26,973 to install playground equipment;
- Mudjimba Surf Lifesaving Club will receive $34,920 to upgrade the facility;
- Stella FC Incorporated will receive $29,960 to construct spectator shade sheds;
- Sunshine Coast Family Contact Centre will receive $35,000 to upgrade their facility;
- The Queensland Country Women’s Association will receive $24,125 to upgrade the roof;
- IFYS Limited will receive $6,500 to create peer-led DFC education through online narratives;
- Beyond DV Ltd will receive $14,500 to deliver domestic violence workshops for boys and girls (16-18 years) and their parents.
It is really exciting to the see the community benefiting from these funding opportunities. These grants assist our organisations to continue to provide important services within our local community.
I encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for available grant funding and to contact the office to discuss a letter of support or for advice.