- How can we help?
- Photocopying Services
- Letters of Support
- Letters and Certificates of Congratulations
- Electoral Enrolment
- Seniors Cards
- Application for Justice of the Peace/Commissioner for Declarations
- Government Grants
- Queensland Flags
- Toner Recycling
- Companion cards
How can we help?
Many residents are unaware of the services available to them through their local member of Parliament. My office offers a range of services to the community. My electorate staff are only too pleased to assist you with any enquiries or concerns you may have.
A complimentary photocopying and folding service is available at our Maroochydore electorate office for not-for-profit organisations. Please contact the office on (07) 5443 7995 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of Support
We are happy to provide letters of support to not-for-profit organisations who are applying for government funding. Information we require include the purpose of the grant, organisational particulars and benefits which the organisation and the wider community will gain from the funding.
A letter of support request form can be downloaded from the link below or hard copies are available from the Maroochydore electorate office. These can then be returned in person, via email, post or facsimile. The applications take approximately 1-2 weeks to process.
Letters and Certificates of Congratulations
If you or someone you know is celebrating a birthday or wedding anniversary my office can assist you with a letter or certificate of congratulations. We can arrange a letter from Fiona, the Premier, the Prime Minister or the Queen to recognise this milestone for you or someone you care for. A Letter of Congratualtions Request form, including eligibility criteria can be downloaded form our site and should be returned to our office by email, fax or regular post. Re member to allow enough notice time (generally 4-6 weeks).
If you are 17 or have recently turned 18, moved house or changed your name, you will need to complete a new electoral enrolment form.
To check your current enrolment details, visit the Queensland Electoral Commission by clicking on the link below. Information concerning changes to enrolment deadlines are available from the Australian Electoral Commission website. For more information, click on the links below:
Click to vist the Australian Electoral Commission – http://www.aec.gov.au
If you are 60 years or older, you may be eligible for a Seniors Card or Seniors Business Card. These cards provide access to government concessions and business discounts. Applications forms are available in hard copy from the Maroochydore electorate office or by downloading the form below.
For more information on seniors discounts and entitlements, you can visit the Department of Communities by clicking on the link provided below:
Application for Justice of the Peace / Commissioner for Declarations
Applications for admission as a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner of Declarations require nomination by myself as your State Member of Parliament. Forms are available either by downloading the pdf forms (below) or as hard copies from our office.
Once completed, your application will be forwarded to the Attorney-General’s office. Processing usually takes 4-6 weeks and my office will advise you periodically on your applications progress.
We are able to assist community groups, clubs and organisations apply for many grants available through the State Government. For details of the types of grants available, please visit the following websites:
STATE (QLD) GRANT SOURCES
- Arts Queensland www.arts.qld.gov.au Industry Sector funding, Regional Arts Development Fund, Art + Place and Grittier Places
- The Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative supports sport and recreation at the grassroots level. Information is provided at www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/index.html
- Office of Liquor, Gambling and Racing: Gambling Community Benefit Fund, Jupiters Community Benefit Fund www.olgr.qld.gov.au/grants
- Multicultural Affairs www.multicultural.qld.gov.au
- Our Communities www.ourcommunity.com.au Information and advice on seeking grants, grants database, fundraising products and packages.
- Queensland Arts Council (including Federal Regional Arts Fund) www.qac.org.au and www.artsyakka.com for free resource Ideas into Action ed J.Pippen
FEDERAL GRANT SOURCES
- Australian Government grants link website Grants link website at www.grants.myregion.gov.au
- Australia Council for the Arts www.australiacouncil.gov.au
- Department of Environment, Water, Heritage & the Arts www.environment.gov.au
- Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal http://www.frrr.org.au CATCH: Culture, Arts, Tourism and Community Heritage Grants Program
- Playing Australia, Festivals Australia, Visions Australia www.arts.gov.au
- Arts and business partnerships www.abaf.org.au
- Australian Film Commission www.screenaustralia.gov.au/industry_support
- Children’s television www.actf.com.au
- Philanthropy Australia is the peak body for philanthropic trusts and foundations. www.philanthropy.org.au
- Private Ancillary Funds, for free Trustee handbook www.paf.philanthropy.org.au
- Artsupport Australia, www.australiacouncil.gov.au/philanthropy
- Centre for Philanthropy & Non-Profit Studies, QUT – www.bus.qut.edu.au
The State Government provides complimentary Queensland flags to schools and non-profit organisations. Contact our office on (07) 5443 7995 or email email@example.com for more information.
It has been estimated over 80% of our used cartridges are going directly to landfill with Australians throwing away more than 18 million cartridges every year. This amounts to over 5,000 tonnes of material including laser toner cartridges, inkjet cartridges, photocopier toner bottles and drums, that will eventually end up as landfill. I have placed a toner recycling carton in my office and would encourage local businesses and residents to drop their toners into my office for recycling.
The Companion Card was developed to remove the financial barrier for people with disability who require lifelong attendant care support to participate at events, activities and venues. The National Companion Card brings together state and territory programs that enable eligible people with disability who require attendant care support to participate at venues and activities without incurring the cost of a second ticket for their companion. For further information go to http://www.companioncard.gov.au/