Tully and Mission Beach will host Premier Campbell Newman and Queensland Government Ministers for the first Community Cabinet of 2014.
Mr Newman said he looked forward to meeting with residents and businesses from the region to discuss local priorities on 23 and 24 February.
“Tully and Mission Beach residents will be able to speak personally to members of the cabinet, as well as Assistant Ministers, about the region’s wants and needs, to help drive visitor numbers and industry,” Mr Newman said.
“This is an opportunity for people to take their questions straight to the Government and it’s an event my Ministers and I always enjoy.
“Unlike the former Labor administration, the LNP is a Government for all Queenslanders and you only need to look at our four pillars of Tourism, Agriculture, Mining and Construction to see how important regional Queensland is.
“I would encourage those who want to have a say in the future direction of the region to register to meet with Ministers on Sunday February 23.
“My Government has done a lot for the tourism industry in Queensland to turn it around and it we’re encouraged by the increase in visitor numbers across the state to date, but there is more work that we can do.
“So I’m looking forward to getting more feedback from the tourism industry as well as others in the area.”
The two-day event is the twelfth Community Cabinet held in regional Queensland, following sessions in Emerald, Goondiwindi, the Fraser Coast, Cairns, Townsville, Kingaroy, the Whitsundays, Ayr, Thursday Island, Gladstone and Toowoomba last year.
“That’s the value of holding Cabinet meetings in regional Queensland – we get an ‘on the ground’ feeling for how things are progressing in communities and get to hear a cross section of views about how we can make a change for the better in this State,” he said.
Meetings are by appointment only and meeting request forms are available from:
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet – telephone 1800 448 377 or 1800 448 378, or website www.thepremier.qld.gov.au, or email email@example.com
- Office of Andrew Cripps MP, Member for Hinchinbrook, 86-92 Herbert Street, Ingham. Phone: (07) 4776 1428 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council, 70 Rankin Street, Innisfail Phone: 1300 763 903 or (07) 4030 2222
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council, 38-40 Bryant Street, Tully Phone: 1300 763 903 or (07) 4030 2222
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council, 4 Balliol Street, Cardwell Phone: 1300 763 903 or (07) 4030 2222