While work is still ongoing at the new Maroochydore Bus Station, the new platforms have been operational from Monday 25th November to facilitate the changes to services as part of the new bus network.
I am following up with the Minister about concerns raised about pedestrians crossing between the platforms rather than using the signalised pedestrian crossing.
Landscaping and the construction of the amenities buildings on the eastern side of Horton Parade are scheduled to be completed by late January.
Information about some of the improvements to bus services:
· Route 600 is now operating on a high-frequency corridor between Maroochydore and Caloundra, via Kawana Shoppingworld, every 12 minutes from 7am to 5pm weekdays and every 15 minutes on weekends.
· Route 602 and 617 buses are now servicing Maroochy Boulevard and routes 610, 612, 620 and 622 will have more direct travel through Maroochydore, providing faster journeys for customers
· Maroochydore residents will have seven more services connecting with trains at Landsborough station each weekday on route 615.
· Bus routes servicing the University of the Sunshine Coast have improved timetables that work in better with class times.
· Route 622 no longer travels via Bli Bli to provide a quicker service to Noosa.
For more information on changes to Sunshine Coast bus services go to http://translink.com.au/travel-information/service-updates/seq-bus-network-review-2013/sunshine-coast