The LNP is demanding the Health Minister agree to an extra day of estimates hearings given the frightful state of the health system.
The Premier had her Economics and Governance Committee hearing moved forward to Friday 16th of July, to give her more time to leave for Tokyo.
It means Tuesday 27th of July is now available and could be used to allow for a proper introspection of the Queensland Health Crisis.
The State Government needs to give more time to fix the health crisis they have created and to show Queenslanders they care. Statistics show the health system is continuing to get worse.
The LNP has put genuine solutions on the table including better triaging, introducing real time health data, stronger frontline resources and empowering medical experts to heal the culture at Queensland Health.
Queensland Health Stats across the state:
- Ambulance ramping across Queensland is at 40% – it was 15% in 2015.
- 55,388 on the elective surgery waiting list – was 30,000 in 2015.
- Nearly 230,000 people are on the waiting list for the waiting list.
Sunshine Coast Health Stats:
- Ambulance ramping as at February 2021 – 40.33%
- Elective Surgery waitlist as at December 2020 – 4,909