The public consultation period has commenced for the Sunshine Coast’s Mass Transit project.
Consultation is open until 22 June 2022.
There are nine options under consideration in the Options Analysis to meet the transport needs of the coastal corridor. These include:
- business as usual
- road-wide network upgrades in the coastal corridor
- region-wide bus service enhancements
- region-wide bus network upgrades
- quality bus corridor
- Bus Rapid Transit
- Light Rail Transit
- Trackless tram
- Wireless Light Rail System (identical to the light rail option, minus the overhead wires, with on-board batteries and charging equipment at select stations)
- Click HERE to complete the Sunshine Coast Council survey online – you only have one opportunity to complete the survey. The survey finishes at item 26.
- Click HERE to complete a submission form – you can submit more than one submission form and send it directly back to council or email it to email@example.com and it will be hand delivered to council for you.
If you would like to talk to Council they are holding community information sessions. Click HERE for the list.
The State Government and Council have funded this consultation project. When considering your response consider the extra traffic congestion there will be if you take lanes of traffic out of those corridors. The money needs to be put into the right planning and move on with building the right infrastructure, and that requires an integrated transport plan that also addresses road congestion and cars.
I will say again that we need an integrated transport plan with the RIGHT INFRASTRUCTURE, currently that is not the case.
28 April 2021 – Sunshine Coast Daily: What we know about Council’s major mass transit survey