We live in a great State but it should be so much better. If you want jobs for your kids and customers for your small business, you need a State Government that understands the economy.
That’s why when the LNP team put the economy front and centre of our motion for debate this week we heard howls of outrage from the Labor Government benches.
Here are the key facts that drew their ire:
* The June Sensis Business Index recorded the Palaszczuk Government as the least popular State government among small and medium sized businesses
* The June CCIQ Pulse survey continued to show subdued business confidence, and the divide in business confidence between South East Queensland and Regional Queensland confidence levels continues to grow.
* The July CommSec State of the States report puts Queensland in 5th place in the nation, solidly in the bottom half of the economic ladder.
* The unemployment rate in Queensland is the worst in Australia at a rate of 6.4%.
* Over 170,000 Queenslanders are unemployed and looking for a job.
* The Palaszczuk Labor Government has increased taxes and charges and debt is still projected to exceed $83 billion.
* Queensland had the lowest economic growth of any state in the last quarter at 0.1%.
* Ratings agency Fitch has downgraded Queensland’s credit rating outlook on the back of the Palaszczuk Government’s poor fiscal management