17 Community Groups across the Sunshine Coast will share in over $360,000 in funding from Round 111 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
Fiona Simpson said that she was excited to see that Maroochydore Electorate will receive nearly half of this funding to the tune of $159,000, to be awarded to six community groups – a welcome boost for these groups after another difficult year.
The $159,000 in funding for Maroochydore will be paid to the following groups:
- Alexandra Headland Surf Lifesaving Club will receive $35,000 to purchase a rescue boat and side-by-side vehicle;
- Mooloolaba Surf Lifesaving Club will receive $15,000 to print a celebration book and host an historical beach event to mark their centenary celebrations;
- Mudjimba Residents Association will receive $25,000 to upgrade their carpark;
- Northshore Community Centre will receive $35,000 to upgrade the community kitchen;
- Rotary Club of Alexandra Headland will receive $14,000 to purchase shipping containers;
- Sunshine Coast Aero Club Queensland will receive $35,000 to replace an aircraft hangar door.
“These grants assist our organisations to continue to provide important services within our local community. It is also timely to have this announced at Christmas time, making it a nice end to the year for the community,” Ms Simpson said.
“The community groups operate on countless hours of volunteer time and this acknowledges their work and provides them with reward to continue with what they do.
“I would encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for any available grant funding and don’t be afraid to ask for help – my office is always happy to provide support or advice.”