Local residents are invited to come along to my Queensland Plan forum to share their ideas on shaping the long-term future of our great State.
When: Friday 9th August
Time: 1pm – 3pm
Where: Mike Ahern Centre, 12 First Avenue, Maroochydore
RSVP: By Wednesday 7th August
(Tel: 5443 7995 or Email: Maroochydore@parliament.qld.gov.au)
We will be discussing six questions, collaboratively developed with community members at a recent summit in Mackay to focus on how we:
- strengthen active caring communities (”moving communities from me to we”)
- teach skills and values to meet global challenges
- embrace responsibility for an active and healthy lifestyle
- structure our economy to ensure a resilient future
- achieve sustainable landscapes
- attract and retain the brightest minds
The answers to the questions will help us determine where the community wants our state to be in 30 years’ time and work out our priorities for the future.