Sunshine Coast residents will have the opportunity to meet with Queensland Government Ministers when Community Cabinet meets in the region next month.
Premier Campbell Newman said it was a great time for locals to raise issues that affect the region.
“My Government is committed to governing for all Queenslanders and these meetings make sure we hear from the real people about real issues affecting the region,” Mr Newman said.
“The Sunshine Coast is such an iconic Queensland location and we’re keen to hear how we can continue to move the region forward through industries like tourism and construction, as we promised at the election.
“I would urge locals, business leaders and community groups to take this opportunity to speak directly to the Ministers about issues they feel are important.”
Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson said local constituents should contact her office as soon as possible to request a meeting.
“I welcome news of the upcoming Community Cabinet being held in the Maroochydore electorate,” Ms Simpson said.
“This is a great opportunity for local residents to talk directly to the Cabinet about issues that are important to them or relevant to the Sunshine Coast community.”
Member for Caloundra Mark McArdle said he hoped people in the Caloundra Electorate would take part in this innovative process.
“This is a great opportunity for Caloundra and Sunshine Coast residents, businesses and community groups to meet with Ministers and key Government officials to discuss a range of ideas, issues and topics,” Mr McArdle said.
Meetings with Ministers will take place on Sunday 22 June at Jubilee Hall, Maroochydore State High School.
Meetings on 22 June are by appointment only, and all members of the public are welcome to register their interest.
Meeting request forms are available from:
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet: Telephone 1800 448 377 or 1800 448 378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or website www.thepremier.qld.gov.au/community-cabinet.aspx
- Fiona Simpson MP, Member for Maroochydore: Suite 1, corner of First and Memorial Ave, Maroochydore. Telephone 5443 7995 or email email@example.com
- Hon. Mark McArdle MP, Member for Caloundra: Shop 1, Pia Place, 118 Bulcock Street, Caloundra. Telephone 5491 2780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hon. Jarrod Bleijie MP, Member for Kawana: Sunshine Central, 4/3 Nicklin Way, Minyama. Telephone 5478 1189 or email email@example.com
- Hon. Steve Dickson MP, Member for Buderim: Unit 4, 102 Burnett Street, Buderim. Telephone 5450 1115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hon. Glen Elmes MP, Member for Noosa: Suite CB05, Noosa Civic, 28 Eenie Creek Road, Noosaville BC. Telephone 5449 8988 or email email@example.com
- Hon. Andrew Powell MP, Member for Glass House: Suite 4/70 Maple Street, Maleny. Telephone 5435 2013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunshine Coast Council: Telephone 5475 7272 or email email@example.com
- Noosa Council: Council Chambers, 9 Pelican Street, Tewantin. Telephone 5329 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org