Local community groups in the Maroochydore electorate have been successful in winning grants through the latest round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
Ms Simpson said five local groups had been successful in their grant applications and would be putting the money to good use to buy much needed equipment and upgrade facilities to support our local community.
“Not-for-profit groups like these provide great opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to get active and be connected in our local community,” Ms Simpson said.
“These funds go a long way to helping these groups provide vital community services.”
The successful organisations are:
– Mount Coolum Golf Club will receive $17,521 (ex GST) to build an external staircase with a stairlift to support those with mobility issues;
– The Treehouse Initiative, an organisation formed in 2013 to support families and create opportunities for children with challenges to become active in sport and recreation, will receive $7,277 (EX GST) to purchase marquees and equipment;
– Maroochydore Rugby Union Football Club will receive $35,000 (ex GST) to upgrade their clubhouse facilities;
– Lions Club of Mooloolaba will receive $15,636 (ex GST) to purchase a van;
– Mooloolaba Outrigger Canoe Club will receive $31,818 (ex GST) to purchase a safety boat.
Ms Simpson said the quarterly grants support our local community groups and can be the difference between keeping these important services in our area and going without.
“I encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for the next round of funding and make the most of this opportunity.”
Further information about the GCBF grants and how to apply for them is available online at www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants.