Carer Award – sponsored by
1. Please Read the Category description and complete the information and questions below.
NOTE: Each question has a limit of 500 words. If you require more than this or if you prefer to answer in a separate document, please add it as an attachment and note this in the question field.
2. Upload any file attachments you may wish to include in support of your nomination. (Attachments must be no larger than 3MB and a maximum of 3 items permitted as word/jpeg/pdf files)
3. Click the SUBMIT button when your entry is complete. Please wait for any attachments to upload first.
Many women provide unpaid care to those who are vulnerable and need support. These vulnerable groups include people with a disability, mental health issues, chronic medical conditions, terminal illness or those who are frail and aged. Others take children into their home and give them unconditional love and security as a foster parent. Women often take on these caring roles quietly, without recognition and sometimes provide substantial long term support to those in need.
The Sunshine Coast Inspiring Women Carer Award aims to champion the individual achievement of a woman who has not only provided substantial care to others but
who has also worked to improve the recognition, services and support for other carers and foster carers.
- Nominees must be a current or past family carer or foster carer;
- Nominees must not be a paid carer (apart from Carer or Foster Carer Allowance);
- Nominees must be a woman over 18 years of age;
- Nominees must be a resident of the Sunshine Coast.